Research & Marketing Assistant and/or Coordinator
MMC is a thriving research and marketing agency based out of Sunderland Software Centre. We’re proud to work with a growing number of fantastic clients that we care very much about! From fast-paced, scaling technology companies, to large established manufacturing companies as well as the public sector and charities.
We run market research projects, we specialise in marketing strategies and we also run content marketing and social media campaigns. No day is the same!
We’re a team of specialists and we’re looking for someone that we can all work alongside and help develop.
You’ll either be a bright, keen graduate, someone with some existing experience or someone looking for a career change.
You’ll be involved with both marketing and research. Some will be standalone research projects but often our research function underpins our marketing activities for clients so will be part of your marketing work.
The role would be varied week to week depending on the needs of the business.
You’ll support research projects by:
- Preparing the team for research meetings and sessions
- Transcribing/typing-up interviews and focus group sessions
- Coordinating and arranging locations for focus group sessions
- Organising diaries and interview sessions
- Coordinating field-based researcher
- Conduct interviews by phone or face to face (once you have been coached and gained experience)
- Helping to prepare research reports in Word
- Helping to create Power Point presentations
- Desk based research around market size and share
- Online competitor analysis for clients such as researching into social media activity
- Analysing sets of data in Excel – either market information prepared by clients or survey results
- Creating charts and graphs in Excel from data
- Preparing online surveys
- Facebook advertising and promotion to recruit survey respondents and focus group attendees (you’ll receive training on this)
- Admin management of our GDPR processes
- Admin management of our online filing systems
- Supporting with the preparation of research bids and tenders
You’ll support our marketing team by:
- Uploading blogs written by our content team onto clients’ websites
- If you have strong content marketing experience or a flair for it you could also be writing blogs – coaching will be provided
- Uploading content into our online social media management tools
- Creating images for client’s social media campaigns through design software
- Supporting with the running of social media accounts
- Competitor research for new client projects
- Support with coordination of marketing strategy projects – this ties into the research side of the business where you may be researching market size, market share for various clients
- Supporting with the preparation of marketing plans and timelines in excel for clients
- Attending client meetings to learn and absorb whatever we’re working on
- Attending exhibitions and events again to absorb information and learn as well as for networking
Salary dependent on experience.
Spot bonuses and rewards.
25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
Extra 0.5 holiday per working year capping at 30 days per annum
Health Shield Insurance which provides hundreds of pounds worth of treatments per year including physiotherapy, massage, acupuncture, dental, optical, chiropody, etc.
Our typical working day is 9-5 however we offer a flexible working environment. Whether you have children, animals or a fun hobby you need to factor into your lifestyle, we’re happy for you to support you!
Fun – from Sushi Fridays to working brunches, we like to make MMC a fun place to work!
To apply, please drop our Managing Director a line with your CV to [email protected]